- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
Rice with Chilies is topped with Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 can chopped green chilies
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 pound Monterey Jack cheese, sliced
- 1/4 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix rice with salt and pepper. Layer rice, chilies, sour cream and Monterey Jack cheese in greased casserole until all ingredients are used, beginning and ending with rice.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Top with Cheddar cheese. Let stand until cheese is melted before serving.