- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
Use the rice of your choice with this recipe. It can be white, brown or wild rice.
- 2 tablespoons. butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley or chives
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/8 cup slivered almonds
- 1 stalk finely chopped celery
- In a skillet brown onions in butter.
- Blend in flour.
- Slowly add broth, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Pour mixture into crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Garnish with parsley or chives.