- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
Rice Salad with Peas and Tomatoes, a refreshing salad recipe, is served chilled and makes a colorful side dish to any meal.
- 1 cup of green peas, cooked
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups of hot, cooked rice
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Mix the cooked peas and tomatoes together.
- While the rice is hot from cooking, toss it with the olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper. Cool.
- Add the peas, tomatoes, parsley and basil mixture and parmesan cheese. Mix well and chill before serving.