- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A vibrant confetti of vegetables is added to this simple rice side dish in the form of sweet red peppers, green olives, tomato and parsley.
- 3 cups cooked long or medium grain rice, at room temperature
- 1 cup green olives, pitted if needed, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 of a red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the rice, olives, onion, parsley, sweet red pepper and tomato into a salad bowl and toss to combine.
- Drizzle in the oil and vinegar and then sprinkle the mixture with a few pinches of salt and fresh pepper to taste. Toss once again and then serve.