- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr
- Total: 6 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8
This can be made with leftover rice or by cooking ½ cup raw rice according to package directions. Brought to you from the 50+ Friends Club Cookbook.
- 3 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup golden seedless raisins
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon rind, grated
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. bourbon or dark rum
- 1/2 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Warm the milk and pour it over the rice.
- Into the slightly beaten eggs, beat the sugar, vanilla, raisins, and lemon rind.
- Stir the milk and rice into the egg mixture.
- Place in crock pot.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and dot with butter.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Turn into a serving bowl and stir in the bourbon. Serve the pudding lukewarm with a spoon of sweetened whipped cream on top.