- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4
Chicken flavored Rice Pilaf is a nice alternative to potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup regular long grain rice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspooon ground cardamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 chicken flavored bouillon cube or envelope
- In 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, in hot butter, cook rice and onion until rice is golden, stirring frequently.
- Add water and remaining ingredients; over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover; simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed; fluff with fork.