- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 20-24 cakes
Old fashioned rice cake recipe.
- 1 cup rice (cooked)
- 2 cups cream
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon shortening (melted)
- Cover the cooked rice with 1 cup of the cream and allow to set overnight.
- Sift together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix together the egg, 1 cup cream and shortening.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and liquid mixture into the rice and cream.
- Drop into a hot greased skillet, brown on both sides, turning only once.