- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- Total: 4 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8
You will love the Italian flavors in this rice.
- 2 cups converted long grain white rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 14 oz cans chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a crock pot combine rice, onion and garlic.
- Heat broth and water in a saucepan until it boils.
- Add seasoning and all other ingredients in the water except the peas and cheese.
- Stir water mixture into the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Add peas.
- Cover and cook for an additional hour.
- Stir in cheese and serve.