- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Besides being extremely nutritious, this salad is also a delicious blend of flavors and various textures. Try using long grain brown rice for extra fiber and nutrients.
- 4 cups cooked long grain brown rice
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 2 cups chopped raw kale
- 2 large carrots, diced
- handful of chopped fresh chives or green onions
- handful of fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the rice, garbanzo beans, kale, carrots, chives and basil into a salad bowl and toss well to combine. Drizzle the salad with the olive oil and the lemon juice, and then sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and fresh pepper. Toss gently to combine and then serve.