- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
The secret to cooking a great Ribeye steak is hidden in the seasonings sprinkled on the beef prior to cooking.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 10-inch ribeye steak, about 1-inch thick with bone in
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head of garlic cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a skillet or sauté pan over high heat.
- In a small bowl, place the salt, pepper, paprika, thyme and garlic powder and mix to combine.
- When the skillet becomes very hot, brush both sides of the steaks with the olive oil, and then sprinkle both sides with the seasoning mixture.
- Put the steaks in the pan with the garlic and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Place the skillet into the oven and cook the steaks for 4 minutes.
- Remove the steaks from the oven, let rest for 5 minutes and then serve.