- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: Makes 10 to 12 servings
Everyone knows it is sometimes difficult to get kids (and adults) to eat vegetables, but it is always easy to get them to eat dessert. So, in an effort to get them to eat vegetables, why not try combining the two for this delicious dessert made with fresh veggies? Although this rhubarb pie probably won’t give you the recommended daily serving, and it is still a dessert, at least you can feel a little less guilty.
- 5 cups sliced rhubarb
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2, 9-inch refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss rhubarb and strawberries with sugar, flour, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Roll out pie crust onto the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Spoon rhubarb mixture into pie crust, then dot with butter cubes. Top pie with other crust, crimping edges and poking holes in it with a fork to vent.
- Place pie in oven and bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until crust is crispy and golden brown. Let cool before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.