- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: 3 cups chutney
Substitute your traditional applesauce accompaniment to roasted pork with this sweet and tangy rhubarb chutney.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen red raspberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced rhubarb
- 1 rib (1/2 cup) celery, sliced
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup honey
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place the raspberries, rhubarb, celery, onion, raisins, honey, vinegar, gingerroot, cinnamon, mustard and cloves in a large saucepan over medium heat until the mixture is boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and cook the chutney for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool before serving.