- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 16 min
- Serving: Makes 8 Servings
Thinly sliced shavings of deli corned beef are topped with a spicy sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, onion and mustard sauce, and then served on toasted pieces of rye bread.
- 2 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and patted dry
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, cut into large cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into large pieces
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 dill pickles, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices rye bread, toasted
- 1 pound thinly sliced corned beef
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Place the cheese and the onion into a food processor and process until the mixture is finely chopped. Add the pickle, mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of the Dijon mustard, the black pepper and the sauerkraut; blend the mixture to combine.
- Spread the remaining mustard onto the rye bread slices and then top with the corned beef followed by the sauerkraut mixture. Put the sandwiches onto a baking sheet and place in the oven for 6 minutes until puff. Serve immediately.