- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 40 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
A red wine and mushroom baked round steak dinner.
- 2 pounds (3/4 inch) thick round steak
- Canola oil
- 1 (1 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup hot water
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13-inch dish.
- Trim the fat from the steak and chop into serving-size pieces. Add the meat and oil to the skillet and brown the beef. Spread into the prepared dish when cooked.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in the skillet and pour over the steak.
- Bake covered for 1 hour 20 minutes, or until the steak is tender.