- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes 2 cups
This rich and bold marinade, created from a blend of onion, garlic, spices and dry red wine, is especially excellent for giving red meat additional flavor and texture.
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 6 whole black peppercorns, cracked
- 1 small bay leaf
- 2 whole cloves
- Sea salt
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the salt, into a saucepan and place over low heat. Simmer the mixture for 2 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- Once cool season the marinade with some salt; stir to combine and then use immediately.