- Prep: 1 hr 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6 dozen
You can't help but indulge when it comes to truffles. Try these red wine infused chocolate truffles for a unique take on the beloved dessert.
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons sweet red wine
- Melt semisweet chocolate in a double boiler. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth and remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until soft and fluffy. Gradually mix in the confectioners' sugar and blend well. Stir in the melted chocolate and wine. Cover and refrigerate the dough for about one hour.
- Once firm, shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place on a baking tray lined with waxed paper. For decoration, roll in cocoa, confectioners' sugar, nuts, or coconut.