- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Makes 30 mini cupcakes
Along with being scrumptious, Red Velvet Cupcakes are the perfect dessert for your holiday entertaining.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 ounces red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed for 3 to 5 minutes; beat in eggs, one at a time; mix in sour cream, milk, food coloring, and vanilla; and gradually beat in flour mixture until just blended.
- Spoon batter into 30 mini cupcake liners fit into a mini pan. Fill liners 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes and cool for at least 5 minutes. Top with your favorite vanilla or cream cheese frosting. Garnish with dusted cocoa powder, crushed candy canes or chocolate bits.