- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: Serves 6
Even though their red color suggests otherwise, Piquillo peppers are not spicy but mild and sweet. If you can’t find jarred Piquillo peppers use red roasted peppers instead.
- 1 pound lump crab
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Romano cheese, shredded
- 1, 9-ounce jar piquillo peppers, drained and cut into strips
- Preheat your oven broiler.
- In a medium bowl mix together the crab, mayonnaise, crème fraîche, parsley, chives, mustard, lemon juice and 3/4 cup of the Romano cheese; blend well.
- Evenly distribute the mixture into an 8x11-inch baking dish and sprinkle with the piquillo peppers and the remaining 1/4 cup Romano cheese.
- Place in broiler for about 7 minutes. Serve hot with crackers or toasted pita wedges.