- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
These spicy breadcrumbs made with red pepper and garlic can add a punch of flavor to an otherwise bland dish.
- 3 tablespoons
- 1cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 medium cloves of garlic, peeled
- a pinch of dried red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmegiano reggiano cheese
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic and sauté for 2-1/2 minutes.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs and cook over high heat until toasted and golden brown in color.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add a few pinches of salt and pepper, the parsley and the cheese. Toss well to combine.