- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Total: 32 min
- Serving: Makes about 10 servings
This multi-layer flavored blend of spicy, sweet and tangy relish is amazing spooned onto of chicken, pork or even scrambled eggs.
- 1/2 pineapple, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 2 medium red onions, chopped
- 3 small red chiles, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 5 ounces sugar
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- dash of sea salt
- Place all of the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring the mixture frequently to prevent sticking.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until it reaches desired consistency.
- Remove the relish from the heat and allow to cool slightly before serving or placing into a covered container and storing in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.