- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Makes about 2 cups
This compote is a delicious blend of both sweet and savory flavor. Spoon onto pork tenderloin or sliced roasted chicken.
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, chopped into small dice
- 1 small red onion, thinly slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Calvados (cider brandy)
- Place the butter into a large sauté pan over medium heat. When it begins to bubble, add the onion and cook for 4 minutes stirring frequently.
- Stir in the apples, Calvados, and sugar and cook the mixture for 3 minutes then transfer to a bowl and serve immediately.