- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 8 servings
The secret ingredient in this warm and spicy drink is red-hot candy! A great Valentine’s Day beverage, garnish with cinnamon sticks.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red-hot candiesv
- 7 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Put the cranberries in a large saucepan over medium heat along with 2 cups of water, and cook until the cranberries pop.
- Strain the mixture and set aside.
- Put the sugar, candies, cloves and remaining water into another saucepan and place over medium heat, stirring until the candies have dissolved.
- Pour in the orange juice, lemon juice and the cranberry juice mixture; stir until heated through.
- Remove and discard the cloves from the mixture and pour into glasses. Serve immediately.