- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes 1 cup
Try making your own homemade mayonnaise instead of purchasing the store-bought kind; use high-quality extra virgin olive oil for superb taste and texture.
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar, white wine vinegar, or freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Put the egg yolk and the mustard into a food processor and turn on high.
- With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil down the flute in a slow and steady stream until thoroughly incorporated.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with some salt and pepper, and then add the vinegar. Stir to combine.