- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
This raw zucchini salad made with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese has beautiful and vibrant presentation, as well as delicious fresh taste. You will need a vegetable peeler to achieve the long, thin strips.
- 2 large zucchini
- 1-1/2 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano cheese in a chunk
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 small Meyer lemon (or 1/2 small regular lemon)
- sea salt to taste
- Rinse the zucchini and trim off both ends. Using a vegetable peeler, peel off long strips of the zucchini, lengthwise, and then place into a shallow salad bowl. Do not use any of the zucchinis seedy core.
- Take the chunk of cheese and use the peeler to make long strips. Add them to the bowl along with the fresh basil.
- Drizzle the salad with the oil and then add the vinegar and a few pinches of salt. Gently toss the salad to combine and then serve.