- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4-6
A classic favorite, Raw Spinach Salad gets its zing from the sweet sour bacon dressing.
- 1 pound package raw spinach
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- Dressing: 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- hard boiled eggs and tomato wedges as garnish.
- Dressing: Heat together in a saucepan until it comes to a boil: onion, oil, sugar, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire saue, water, and salt. Cool.
- Wash and break up spinach into pieces. Put sliced mushrooms on top of spinach. Crumble bacon over salad and top with dressing. Garnish.