- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
This raw shiitake mushroom soup recipe uses kombu; a seaweed, also known as dashima, widely used in Japanese cuisine. It adds both exceptional flavor and texture to this cols soup dish.
- 3-inch piece fresh Kombu, chopped
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushroom caps plus some to garnish
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Julienned shallot and cabbage to garnish
- Rinse the mushrooms well with cold water and then chop and place in a blender.
- Add the chopped kombu, sesame see oil, grated ginger and water to the blender and process for about 2 minutes until smooth.
- Transfer the soup to bowl, garnish with some sliced mushrooms and julienned shallot and cabbage and then serve immediately.