- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4
Raspberry Pears are made in the microwave for a quick and healthy dessert.
- 1, 12 ounce package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 large firm ripe pears, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- In blender, puree raspberries until smooth; press through a sieve set over a 2 quart casserole; discard seeds. Into puree, stir sugar, lemon peel and cardamom.
- Arrange pears in puree with stems toward center; spoon puree on pears. Cook, covered, on HIGH 10 to 12 minutes until tender; turn pears over halfway through cooking. With slotted spoon, remove pears; set aside.
- Stir cornstarch into puree. Cook on high 1 to 2 minutes until boiling and thickened. Refrigerate pears in puree. Serve chilled.