- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Makes 12 muffins
Buttermilk gives these muffins a tender and light texture while the raspberries add vibrant color and delicious sweetness.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (if frozen, thaw and drain first)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, and line a muffin tin with paper-liners.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl and mix well. Add the butter to the mixture and combine, using your hands or a fork, until the texture resembles a coarse crumble.
- Stir in the eggs and the buttermilk, mix until just blended, and then gently fold in the raspberries.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared muffin tin and fill each cup two-thirds full. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until their tops are golden brown in color. Allow the muffins to cool slightly prior to serving.