- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
A tantalizing and tasty combination of tart and sweet in a flaky bar.
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups white chocolate, chopped and divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with non-stick foil.
- Toast the almonds by cooking over low heat in a saucepan, stirring frequently, until lightly colored and fragrant.
- Melt butter with 1 cup of the white chocolate chunks in microwave. Start, stop and stir every 30 seconds until smooth and melted. Set aside.
- Beat eggs until light and foamy. Add sugar and continue to beat until lemon colored. Stir in white chocolate mixture. Add flour, salt and almond extract and mix just till combined.
- Spread half of the dough into prepared pan and bake 15-20 minutes or until light brown.
- Add remaining chocolate chunks to remaining batter.
- Carefully spread jam over warm crust. Spoon remaining batter over jam. Sprinkle with almonds and bake for 30-40 more minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.