- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes about 8 Servings
Like the name suggests, this sauce is perfect topped on eggs but feel free to use it on tacos, enchiladas, and wraps as well.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup tomatoes and their juice
- 1/2 chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Place the oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onions and peppers and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle in the cumin, salt, cayenne, jalapeno and garlic and cook for 1 minute before adding the tomatoes and cooking for an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes and then remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Serve immediately.