- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 7 hr
- Total: 7 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
Serve this with rice and a salad for a well balanced meal.
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat cut into 1" cubes
- 12 sm. white onions
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- Â½ tsp. bottled Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 tsp. thyme
- Â¾ c. water
- Â¼ c. flour
- In crock pot alternate beef and onions.
- Stick cloves into 4 onions.
- Sprinkle with sugar and salt.
- Combine gravy sauce, vinegar, bay leaf, thyme, and water.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or until tender.
- Turn control to high.
- Dissolve flour in small amount of water.
- Stir into meat juices.
- Cook on high for 15 to 20 minutes.