- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 7 hr 20 min
- Total: 7 hr 40 min
- Serving: 6
Serve this stew with mashed potatoes for a filling and delicious dinner.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 large white onions, chopped in large pieces
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons. brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bottle brown gravy sauce
- 1 tablespoon. red wine vinegar
- 1 bay leave
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup flour
- Layer beef and onions in a crock pot.
- Add cloves.
- Sprinkle with sugar and salt.
- Combine gravy sauce, vinegar, bay leaf, thyme, and water.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or until tender.
- Turn pot to high.
- Dissolve flour in small amount of water.
- Stir into meat juices.
- Cook on high for 15 to 20 minutes.