- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A spicy sausage and salsa grit breakfast.
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 (1 pound) pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the grits according to the package.
- Brown the sausage and onion together and drain. Combine with the remaining ingredients, reserving half of the cheese. And pour into a 2-quart dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over and bake for 10 more minutes.