- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Total: 32 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Fagioli is a traditional Italian soup made with pasta and beans. In this recipe ramen noodles are used to get this dish on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1-1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 14- to 15-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice, drained
- 1 15- to 16-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 3-ounce package ramen noodles, coarsely broken in package; flavor package discarded
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese
- Put the onion, garlic, salt and oregano in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the celery and carrot and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour the broth and water into the pot and cook the mixture, covered, for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and beans and cook for 5 minutes, then add the noodles and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the parsley and then season the dish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.