- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 4 dozen cookies
These soft cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee! Consider baking a batch to share with a friend or neighbor.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups powdered milk
- 4 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup water
- Soak raisins in water for 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Cream shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, powdered milk and baking soda.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in raisins.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown.