- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: Makes 1 loaf
This sweet bread can accompany any breakfast dish, or can simply be served over coffee. Use dried cranberries or apricots instead of raisins for a different variation.
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a bowl, cover raisins with boiling water, then let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Mix together butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into egg mixture.
- Fold in raisins.
- Pour batter into a prepared loaf pan.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes.