- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: Serves 4
This is a winning dish both for a Sunday dinner with the family or as a posh dinner party main course. Serve with buttery fingerling potatoes and French beans drizzled in olive oil.
- 1 cup (packed) parsley leaves and stems
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary plus rosemary sprigs
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1-1/2-pound rack of lamb
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and place the oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Using a food processor, process the parsley, chopped rosemary, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a thick paste.
- Slowly, with the food processor on, pour the olive oil down the processor flute and mix until smooth.
- Put the lamb in a large baking sheet and sprinkle thoroughly with salt and pepper. With a sauce brush, apply the pesto all over the lamb, coating evenly.
- Put the lamb in the oven and roast for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 400 degrees and then cook for an additional 15 minutes for medium-rare doneness
- Remove the lamb and place on a cutting board. Cut the lamb between the bones and place the chops onto serving plates.