- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Quinoa is a much healthier and delicious alternative to rice and pasta. Try and purchase the pre-washed variety or make sure to rinse your quinoa thoroughly before using to remove the bitter exterior.
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 1-1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup salted roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- Place about 1-inch of salted water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the peas, cook for 1 minute, drain and set aside. When the peas are cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In the meantime, cook the quinoa according to package directions and then place into a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar and a few pinches of salt and pepper and whisk vigorously until blended.
- Add the sugar snap peas, pumpkin seeds, chives, and the dressing to the quinoa and toss gently to coat. Season the dish with additional salt and pepper if needed, and then serve immediately.