- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Total: 33 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Quinoa is a healthier and more flavorful alternative to rice in this Greek-inspired salad. You can also sprinkle in pitted and chopped kalamata olives for an even more authentic Mediterranean flavor.
- 4 medium radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound thin green beans
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 large English cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3-1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 ounces Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring a medium-sized pan of water to boil over high heat. Add the green beans and blanch for 3 minutes. Remove the beans and rinse under cold water. Drain, dry and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
- In another saucepan, bring 1-3/4 cups of water to a rolling boil. Pour in the quinoa and cook, covered, over low heat until the quinoa absorbs all of the water, approximately 10-12 minutes. Uncover the quinoa, fluff with a fork and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Place the cucumber with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Empty the quinoa in a large bowl and add the parsley, lemon juice and the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper and then add the beans, radishes, cucumbers and the feta.
- Toss gently until well combined and serve.