- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Rutabaga and Celeriac give this quinoa pilaf dish an enjoyable, earthy flavor. Serve it as a side to roast chicken or braised beef.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well and drained
- 1 2/3 cups broth, maybe a bit more
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1-1/2 cups grated rutabaga
- 1-1/2 cups grated celeriac
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Place the olive oil into a saucepan pan over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook for 4 minutes before stirring in the carrot, rutabaga and celeriac. Sauté the mixture for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, and then add the quinoa and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Slowly stir in the broth and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Cook the quinoa mixture for about 35 minutes, covered, over medium-low heat or until the broth has been absorbed. Fluff the pilaf and serve immediately.