- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Quinoa is a much healthier and more flavorful alternative to rice. Serve it as a side to any main dish menu.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup rough chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Place the quinoa in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook until lightly toasted and aromatic.
- Remove the quinoa from the pan and set aside.
- Add the oil to the pan and place over medium heat. Add in the onions and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Return the quinoa to the pan and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Pour in the stock and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Once simmering, cover the pan and cook the quinoa for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cranberries, olives, fresh parsley and almonds, and then add a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Stir and serve warm.