- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 People
Quinoa is a high protein and nutrient rich grain and it adds a new twist to a familiar Spanish dish.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 12-ounces frozen, peeled, and deveined shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup drained and chopped sundried tomatoes in oil
- In a 10-inch skillet, sauté onion, garlic, and pepper flakes in oil for 2 minutes, or until onion is softened; stir in paprika; add broth and tomato paste and stir until mixed; bring to a boil. Add quinoa and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place shrimp on top of quinoa, cover and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Add peas and tomatoes to skillet, cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Stir before serving.
- Nutrition facts: Per serving – 310 calories, 8 g fat, 0.9 g saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 3.1 g polyunsaturated fat, 3.5 g monounsaturated fat, 670 mg Omega-3 fatty acids, 2508 mg Omega-6 fatty acids, 126 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein