- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This simplified version of risotto made with long-grain rice doesn’t require the constant stirring the traditional recipe requires.
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Place the butter into a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the celery, shallots , garlic, and pepper and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the rice, cook for an additional 2 minutes, stiffing frequently, and then slowly stir in the broth and the water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the rice mixture for 25 minutes.
- Add the peas, zucchini, and lemon peel to the pan, stir to combine and then cover the pan and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.