- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Delicious Italian-inspired pasta sauce doesn’t have to simmer on your stove for 4 hours to be good. In fact, a hearty, satisfying sauce can be made in just 35 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups canned whole tomatoes, tomato purée, or chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves or a pinch dried
- sea salt
- Place a large sauce pan over medium heat and add the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, then add the garlic and sauté for 1 additional minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes sugar, rosemary and a few pinches of salt, and then reduce the heat to low and simmer the sauce for 20 minutes. Make sure to stir the sauce frequently to prevent sticking.
- Season the sauce to taste with additional seasoning if needed, and then serve immediately.