- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 28 min
- Total: 38 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Shepherd’s Pie is a classic comfort food for all ages. Try this quick version, made with leftover mashed potatoes, and get this family favorite on the table in 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (18- to 19-ounce) can vegetable soup (not condensed)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4-1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil begins to shimmer add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté the mixture for 6 minutes.
- Stir in the ground beef and cook for 4 minutes, then add the vegetable soup and Worcestershire sauce and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook the mixture over high heat for 10 minutes until no liquid has remained.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven broiler.
- Spread the meat mixture in a baking dish and top with the leftover mashed potatoes. Place under the broiler for 8 minutes and then serve immediately.