- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 2
Quick Chili for Two makes generous portions and is perfect for a hearty meal when served with salad and corn bread.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1, 16 ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup canned tomatoes, drained
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- dash cayenne pepper
- Melt bacon drippings in a heavy skillet over low heat. Saute onion, garlic and green pepper gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the meat and brown for 1 minutes. Put in the kidney beans.
- In another pan mix together the chili powder and water and stir in tomatoes. Season with bay leaf, salt, cumin and cayenne. Bring to a boil and then pour mixture over the beef and beans. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.