- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Serves 4
The transition from the lazy days of summer to the hectic days of the school year can be tough. You go from anything goes where lunch gets fixed when you need it, to having to plan square meals, meet the bus, and be on time for practice. Don't let supper be a part of that stress, though. With a well stocked pantry and a few easy recipes, you can have dinner down pat with this recipe for quick chicken Parmesan.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Place one chicken breast in the middle of a long sheet of waxed paper. Fold the paper over the chicken. Using a meat mallet, pound to 1/2-inch thickness. Repeat with second breast. Cut each breast into two pieces.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, then the egg, and then the breadcrumbs. Repeat until all the chicken has been breaded. Set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add the chicken breasts and cook for three to five minutes on each side until browned. Pour in the marinara sauce and sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheeses are melted. Serve over pasta.