- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Makes 4 Servings
Dress up your linguini Alfredo with fresh broccoli, garlic and cannellini beans. A simple and delicious weeknight dinner dish for both you and your family.
- 6 ounces dried linguini
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 15- to-19 oz. can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 10-ounce container light Alfredo sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup croutons, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Prepare the linguini according to package directions but add the broccoli to the pot during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- Drain the pasta mixture, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking liquid, and then transfer the pasta back to the cooking pot.
- In the meantime, place the beans, Alfredo sauce, garlic and the reserved pasta water into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Place the bean mixture into a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Pour the sauce over the prepared pasta, toss to combine and then serve topped with the croutons and the crushed red pepper.