- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Although this recipe for quick beef stroganoff can be made in just 20 minutes, its delicious and comforting flavor makes it taste like a slow, home-cooked meal. Serve with a crisp green salad and bottle of Merlot.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces roast beef, sliced 1/4 inch thick and cut into strips
- 1 package noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, drain well and then place back into the pot. Add the butter to the noodles and toss to coat.
- In the meantime, put the olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onion, mushrooms, thyme and a few pinches of salt and pepper, and then sauté the mixture for 9 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the gravy and bring the mixture to a boil. Add the sour cream and roast beef, stir well to combine and then cook for about 3 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Serve the stroganoff over the hot, buttered noodles.