- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 10
Lost track of time and need a quick yet super satisfying dish? Try this quick chili. Even if you only have time to simmer it for 15 minutes, it will be a victory dish for your hungry guests.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add beef and cook, breaking beef apart with a spatula, until it is browned. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, beans, chili powder, oregano, brown sugar, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve garnished with cheese and cilantro.